Council Meetings & Events
Check out our Upcoming Meetings page to find out about upcoming events.
Join a Committee
The council invites members to become more involved in council activities by joining a committee. Committee work is a great way to network with colleagues in early childhood and to make new friends!
Advisory Council Meetings
ECCBC promotes the collaboration of local early childhood partners through Advisory Council meetings. Advisory Council members are appointed and represent key stakeholders as per Colorado Early Childhood Council legislation and rule.
Advisory Council meetings are open and guests are welcome. Please contact Danielle Butler, Executive Director, or Esther Hartley, Executive Assistant & Special Projects Coordinator, if you plan to attend.
ECCBC Professional Development Committee
Activities to support professional development and quality improvement for child care providers are implemented through the Professional Development Committee.
The committee’s mission is to promote the availability, accessibility and use of a continuum of professional development and quality enhancement opportunities for Boulder County’s early care and education professionals.
The 2017 professional development work plan includes a variety of training and education opportunities and quality enhancement activities. Here are some of the committee’s projects:
- Promoting the Colorado Early Childhood Professional Credential to advances caregiver careers.
- Establishing financial incentives to promote college level course work beyond licensing requirements.
- Providing a monthly training calendar to all child care providers in Boulder County.
- Offering infant and toddler caregiving training, including the 48-hour Expanding Quality Training.
Professional Development Committee Members
- Jasmine Bailon, Boulder County Head Start
- Bethany Burns, Boulder Day Nursery
- Theresa Clements, BVSD Early Childhood Education
- Annette Crawford, Boulder County Housing & Human Services, Child Care Resource & Referral Program
- Matt Eldred, TLC Learning Center
- Mary Newell, Boulder Day Nursery
- Vicki Oleson, Boulder Journey School
- Laurene Phillips, EQIT Team
- Matt Powell, Mental Health Partners
- Alison Thielke, Front Range Community College & ECE Faculty Lead
- Jane Wilkinson, Boulder County Public Health
- Jessica Bernett Knight, Programs Director
- Emily Robbins, Professional Development Coordinator
Professional Development Committee Meeting Schedule
PDC meetings will continue via email due to a high volume of ECCBC program demands.
For information on how to get involved in the ECCBC Professional Development Committee, contact Emily Robbins, ECCBC Professional Development Cooordinator at 720-548-3984 or firstname.lastname@example.org.