October 9th, 2020
Greetings from the Child Care Resource and Referral office at the Early Childhood Council of Boulder County – The CCR&R at the Council.
Trainings and opportunities sponsored by ECCBC at no to low cost:
- DUE TODAY!!! Mini-grant Opportunity for Early Care and Education Programs: The School Readiness Initiative Endowment of the Community Foundation Boulder County has granted another $37,270 to the Early Childhood Council of Boulder County (ECCBC) to provide financial support for programs struggling with effects of the pandemic. This second opportunity is intended to help licensed childcare programs in Boulder County remain open, reopen, or maintain status quo due to financial emergencies during COVID-19 impact. Mini-grant applications for up to $1,500 are due by Oct 9th (see submission and eligibility details in the application here). Please reach out to Jessica Bernett Knight at email@example.com with any questions.
- SCHOOL AGE PROGRAMS: Boulder County School Age Group Inaugural Meeting – Let’s get together to connect and support each other! We’ll gather on Zoom Monday, November 16th to decide together how the group will best serve local School Age Program leaders. See the informational flyer here.
- Please find our October Training Calendar here.
- FAMILY CHILDCARE PROVIDERS: BCFCCA FREE Training Monday 10/12/20 6:30 PM Supporting Young Children in Difficult Times Register here
- Fall 2020 Infant Toddler Huddles: September – December
- Grupo “Huddles” Para Cuidadores De Infantes y Niños Pequeños: septembre – decembre
- Quality Nights With ECCBC: Wednesday, October 21 – The Respectful Adult-Child Bond
- Pyramid Plus Approach Incentive Program: Applications accepted November 1 – November 30
- We’re In This Together! Interested in grant-funded one-on-one support from ECCBC? The 2020-21 Colorado Shines Quality Incentive grant application is open for programs serving 0-5 year olds! See our grant flyer here and menu of support options here.
Community News and Funding Opportunities:
- Required Immunization Data Reporting: The Colorado Department of Public Health And Environment (CDPHE) School and Child Care Immunization Data Reporting (SCCIDR) site is open to report 2020-2021 data. The site will remain open until January 15, 2021, but you can report as soon as you are ready: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/school-and-child-care-immunization-data-reporting
- Office of Early Childhood has a new director!
- New Background Check Requirements! Starting on September 30, new rules will go into effect. See an informational FAQ here.
- Online Professional Development Opportunities for Early Childhood Education Providers with ContinuED
- Colorado Shines PDIS Training Alignment Process Upcoming Live Training Events
- APPLICATION FOR THE HEALTH & SAFETY CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT GRANT IS NOW OPEN!
- Count Me In: 2020 Colorado Ballot Guide Training. See flyer here.
- Early Childhood Health Outdoors Virtual Summit flyer
- Check out some free trainings from the University of Nebraska Extension office
- Resources for protecting children from wildfire smoke and ash
- Share the Importance of Flu and MMR vaccines with CDPHE
If you have a training you would like us to promote, please contact Emily Robbins, the ECCBC Professional Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for all you do to serve the children of Boulder County!
If you have questions about previously shared funding sources, please reply to this email or check out our NEWS page.
By increasing taxes on big tobacco and closing the tax loophole for vape products, we can create a brighter, healthier future for Colorado’s kids. ECCBC is proud to be one of the more than 100 supporters – organizations and elected officials from across Colorado – of this important measure. Check out our own Danielle Butler’s op-ed authored with Clinica’s Simon Smith here.
COVID-19 News and Resources
- New Dial Framework of COVID data for transparency, clarity, and predictability for Coloradoans to protect themselves
- New CDPHE Case and Outbreak Guidance
- Community Conversations: COVID-19 & Early Childhood by Early Milestones Colorado brief available here
- CDHS and CDE released guidance on learning pods
- OEC is now offering waivers for additional school age child care capacity
- Find CDPHE’s most updated guidance and resources in many languages here
- PPE Resources
- Employee Rights Poster under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Boulder County Public Health Child Promotion COVID resources for childcare providers
- Temporary Job Board by Healthy Childcare Colorado
|Licensed programs in Boulder County serving all ages who are currently operating and/or opening in the near future may be eligible for supports and access to additional supplies. If you would like to be connected to supplies as ECCBC has access to them, please fill out this form.
If your program has openings, please let us know at the links below based on location as often as you need to keep your information updated so we can refer parents if you’d like AND so we can keep the most accurate county-wide data on slots if you’d prefer we don’t refer.
If you know parents looking for care, please refer them to complete the appropriate intake form below based on location.
We realize you are receiving many requests for information but want you to know ECCBC is aware and doing our best to minimize the burden on programs to report by creating simple, consistent, and accessible ways to submit your information and needs locally.
Boulder County ECE Classifieds!