Professional Development Committee
ECCBC activities to support professional development and quality improvement for child care providers are implemented through the Professional Pathways Committee.
The committee’s mission is to promote the availability, accessibility and use of a continuum of professional development and quality enhancement opportunities for Boulder County’s early care and education professionals.
The 2013 - 2014 professional development work plan includes a variety of training and education opportunities and quality enhancement activities. Here are some of the committee’s projects:
- Promoting the Colorado Early Childhood Professional Credential to further caregiver careers.
- Establishing financial incentives to promote college level course work beyond licensing requirements.
- Providing a monthly training calendar to all child care providers in Boulder County.
- Presenting the Directors Training Series, a series of community-based trainings focusing on current issues in early care and education.
- Offering infant and toddler caregiving training, including the 48-hour Expanding Quality Training.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Tiffany Allen, Boulder Institute for Psychotherapy and Research
- Patricia Amat, Community College of Denver
- Kathy Azevedo, The Acorn School
- Bethany Burns, Boulder Day Nursery
- Annette Crawford, City of Boulder, Children, Youth & Families Division
- Cynthia Divino, Boulder Institute for Psychotherapy and Research
- Donna Fayard-Gurung, CU Children's Center
- Maria Harper, Boulder County Head Start
- Gene Hooley, Alaya Preschool and Naropa University
- James Koch, CO Dept. of Health and Human Services, Child Care Division
- Laurene Phillips, EQIT Team
- Lauren Shaffer, Boulder Journey School
- Kim Strenge, Boulder County Public Health
- Alison Thielke, Front Range Community College & ECE Faculty Lead
- Linda Schow, ECCBC Professional Development Coordinator
- Danielle Butler, ECCBC Programs Director
2013-14 MEETING SCHEDULE
The Professional Development Committee meets the first Wednesday of every month from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at the City of Boulder Children, Youth, and Families Building, 2160 Spruce Street in Boulder.
For information on how to get involved in the ECCBC Professional Development Committee, contact Linda Schow, ECCBC Professional Development Coordinator at 303-895-3425 or email@example.com.